Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Friday 25 June 2010

xxx 10NL, I'm going to miss you xxx









Yes... It's just about time to move up to 25NL. I'm not saying I'll never play 10NL (rush) again, but I need to test myself at a higher limit now, and I've earned enough money at 10NL to know that I need to give it a shot for better or worse. I'll begin with two tables and increase once I get comfortable with the new raise sizing and working out the stack sizes etc. The best thing about Rush for me is the hands you can get through. Not just because you can destroy standard deviation very quickly, but because you get so much experience very quickly. In the last couple of weeks I've really felt that I was working people out. This time next year I could have played a million hands of poker. That's crazy stuff, I owe the inventor of Rush a beer. He/She has potentially improved my development time by five fold. Thanks! Anyway, onwards and upwards, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment