Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 20 June 2010

So, there's not much variance in full ring then right?

Until today I'd suffered a horrible 13 buy-in straight down free fall over the past two or three days play. I've recovered several buy-ins now and feel much better about it, but it's crazy stuff. What I need to do is attempt to move my game forward and improve my poker so that I'm not such a marginal (1.3 PTBB/100) winner. This would make the swings less intense, although I feel I've dealt with them pretty well so far. I'm certainly one of these people though who needs plenty of buy-ins. If that was a third of my 'roll I'd have been seriously frustrated but 10% is hardly anything. The biggest leak I have is my turn aggression. I generally play very passively there but I'm sure there's loads of spots where villain's ranges are weak where I could probably take the pot away. I often double barrel, I don't think this is the problem, but if I could just win a few more pots there it would make some difference I think. Anyway, just a short post. Not much interesting to say but it sounds like Rush is very beatable (at least up to 100NL) where it's possible to win between $50 and $100 per hour which is amazing (obv). I'll have to work seriously hard if I'm to join the winners ranks there though. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment