Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Wednesday 30 June 2010

25NL Rush So Far

A single buy-in down after 9k hands but such a small sample I'm not going to worry too much about this yet, I'm just aiming to get to 50000 then do a game check up - I'll post my findings here. Until that point (end of July?) I'll just keep to my strategy and try and play each hand to the best of my ability and won't play any crazy spewey lines weighting my philosophy heavily towards value betting and making good folds. Hopefully this will still be good enough to make money at this limit. I've noticed light 3-betting increase a fair bit, so I'm going to cut down my steal % but simultaneously increase my 4-bet range. I'll see more variance this way but I can't let people 3-bet me to death. I may have to learn to call and play 3-bet pots IP but this is a skill I don't have yet and will need to do some research first. The weakest part of my game is calling bets and then playing post flop. Once I've called a bet pre, I too often revert to a fit or fold mentality and this isn't good poker. The problem with playing back in this spot is that our range becomes bluff heavy and this just doesn't feel right to me; also so many players fire two barrels now that floating is prob close to a break even play these days. I'm having my greatest success at the moment by not flatting any bets except with the top of the range that I will not 3-bet. I'm having some success with this strategy but nothing that is making a huge difference to my winnings. Anyway, much improvement required but I'll wait until the 50K hands and go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment