Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 27 June 2010

First session of 25NL (Rush)

Went pretty well, I'm not sure if it was time of day or what but there seemed like a lot of casual players with 50-100 buy-ins (but not full stacked). Two of these players stacked off lightly against me so hopefully this is a sign that there are still tons of weak players at this limit. I noticed quite a bit of light 3-betting to late position steals so I'm going to need to find a strategy for steal/4 betting that can counter this somewhat. I just played two tables and went for a low variance style where I'd be extra picky with the boards I'd c-bet on and pretty much just played entirely for value. I'll stick to these things over the next couple of days and maybe add tables towards the end of the week. I should be able to make around $100 rakeback a week once I four table so as I said before assuming a break even strategy I'll be able to move up to 50NL some time in late summer and sooner if I win some money from the limit. I should probably try and get some HUSNGs in soon too as I'm out of practise and I think they will end up making me more money than Rush once we reach a certain limit. I was toying with the idea of trying 6-tables or more, but I think it's better for my game to play less as I have more time to think things through. However at some point the money I'm making might become such that playing more makes sense. For now, I'll stick to four. OK, think that's all I had to say. I'll try and make the next post a little more interesting. GL at the tables!

1 comment:

  1. keep laying those breadcrumbs down for me. i have everything crossed. gl , adam

    ReplyDelete