Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Tuesday 15 June 2010

Enjoying a Heater; and Where I want my game to be...

Hi, I'm currently enjoying a great little heater; a little like that 10K one I had near the start of my 10NL Rush expedition. It's great when the money is flying in. Of course I'm awaiting the inevitable dry patch that must surely be around the corner. It's kind of weird, but I'm reluctant to try 25NL (despite meeting my criteria for moving up) because I know that I'm due a downswing. On the flip side, I might win several buy-ins at the next limit before it begins. I know that I should probably forget future possiblities and just play poker, I'm just scared of undoing all of the great things I've achieved over the last two months. Christ, one could go crazy thinking of probabilities so much. Anyway, I will take my shot sooner rather than later. I'll probably start with two or three tables and use a low variance style until I get used to the limit. I think the greatest bit about my results so far is that my confidence has grown immensely. Now that I can mathematically say that I'm very likely to be beating this limit (10NL) it's given me so much more confidence in my play.
Future Progress?
Where would I like my game to be? Well, the next step for me is to learn to count combinations quickly in real time during play. The reason for this is that being able to do this well will give me the ability to accurately forecast equities during a hand. All that would then be required is to know exactly how the different betting lines and villain actions effect us allowing me to make the best EV decision every time given the information I have. I have this image in my head of exactly what I'd like to be able to do during a hand. If I could achieve that, then I don't think there would be many players I'd fear playing in the world and then, that would be when I'd be able to make an awful lot of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment