Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 13 June 2010

100K Hands Post


Hey, well I've finally reached 100000 hands for 10NL Rush poker and I'm pretty pleased with the way it has gone (see graph). It's not that impressive for 10NL, my win rate was only around 1.5 BB/100. But despite this I've finished winning just shy of $300 so far and about $200 rake back on top. So $500 in two months. I'm absolutely chuffed with this result, I've learned so much as well as made some coin too. The biggest downswing was around 11 buy-ins. I remember being fairly down at the time but I knew that since my opponents were making so many mistakes that I just needed to ride the wave. Despite this I know that my game is far from where I'd like it to be, even reading some twoplustwo threads today I've gained insight into the way I should be hand reading while playing. At the moment it's kind of easy since micro fish play so transparently but as soon as players begin to play in a more aggressive and balanced way I'm going to need all of the combination maths memorised. But enough of that for now, that's a goal for the future. I'm going to lower my bankroll requirements for 25NL I think and use a 36/40 structure. That is, move up at 40 buy-ins and then drop if we fall under 36 for that limit. So I'm around $50 away from moving to 25NL and then the learning can begin all again :)
Goals at 25NL
If I can break even at that limit then it should take around 10 weeks to earn enough rakeback to move up to 50NL, so my goal should be to play another two months or 100K hands at that limit before taking the plunge at the first serious stakes I'll ever have played - 50NL. I predict that I'll have my first serious problems when I get that far and I'll need to work hard to improve. But I enjoy a challenge, and I know that my understanding is at a high enough level that with a bit of work I can be a success there. GL!

2 comments:

  1. excellent results.

    where abouts r u in the country simon?

    thks for the b/roll suggestions...i was wondering. cheers, adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I currently reside in Witney nr. Oxford. The bankroll stuff that I use is quite nitty, on twoplustwo I've heard a 20 buy-in rule suggested but I think in todays tougher games that this is a little risky; if you are confident then I think you could get away with around 30 buy-ins for a limit. I'm using 40 because I'm not confident enough that I would be willing to step up a stake after only 20K hands and a decent winrate

    ReplyDelete