Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Friday 4 June 2010

Suited Aces? O'RLY?

The suited aces have been doing well for me over the 80k or so hands I've played. They average approximately 19 ptbb/100 so far which is excellent profit. For this reason I'm going to loosen up a little and experiment by including them in my early position range as well. What are the properties of these hands that makes them nice hands to play?
1/ We flop at least a back door flush draw around 55% of the time (all numbers computed from Pokerazor)
2/ We have a good double barrel hand around 45% of turns that we see
3/ These hands benefit from good implied odds versus weaker flushes (we all know the fish love to play SCs)
4/ If we notice someone light 3-betting us these hands are excellent candidates for four-bet bluffing - of course light 3-betting is rare at 10NL though.
Of course the draw back is we will often be dominated when we flop top pair.
Once I've got through some serious volume and can analyze these hands more objectively with positional data too I can then start to cut some of them out if they are not making money. I'll post the results here at some point!
This is when playing a suited ace becomes easy:

Lifetime Favourite Hand no#1, OBV. GL!

1 comment: