Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Monday 7 June 2010

The "Gimme Your Money" Rush Poker Betting Line

It goes a little something like this... umcha umcha umcha umcha umcha... OK, there's a consistent betting pattern that happens in Rush poker. We raise in early position, c-bet the flop and again on the turn and villain (who has position) raises small. This is always, absolutely always two pair or better. And the great thing about this is?!... This betting line allows us to play perfectly. If we have air we fold. If we have a draw, we have odds to call and then donk shove the river when our draw hits. They'll call a vast amount of the time making this spot insanely profitable. Here's an example of this philosophy working perfectly:

As a corollary to this, it's best to two barrel with your good draws and great hands only. Checking good hands like overpairs and top pair allows villain to bluff some % of the time whereas if we bet we're usually not getting value from worse.
Good luck at the tables :) Simon

1 comment:

  1. I wish i cud understand how ppl can play sooooooooo bad. 10 frickin 9 , ffs . I'm sure it wud make me a better player if i cud.
    regards, adam

    ReplyDelete