Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Saturday 5 June 2010

I hate my run bad :(

but I'm beginning to wonder if the 10NL FR rush games have the peculiar property that people will only get it in with AA/KK preflop. In which case it makes sense to play only AA for stacks. The last couple of days (using a QQ+ 'get it in preflop' strategy) have had me running into overpairs time and time and time again. So I'm wondering... If this is a true game condition, and I have four bet someone with KK, and they know that it's unlikely I'm doing this with anything but QQ+, why should they shove anything but KK+? In which case no hand can call a shove other than AA mathematically. It sounds stupidly nitty to fold KK preflop, but I just played a hand where I four bet and he five bet jammed. I LOLed and absolutely goddam fucking KNEW he had aces, but because I've read : 'oh you can nevvvvver evveer fold kings preflop...' I clicked call. Fuck off, if I think my opponent has aces I will fucking well click fold with KK from now on!! LOL. I think at the end of the day, I should trust my reads. If it means folding KK preflop then from now on, I'll bloody well do it. GL

1 comment: