Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 6 June 2010

Thoughts on Rush Preflop Raising

OK, I let off some steam on here yesterday after getting all-in preflop and running into an overpair. I've now filtered my database of 81000 hands for pots where the money went in preflop after a 3-bet followed by a 4-bet. It has happened only 19 times, that's only 19 times out of 81000!!! The hands that I've got the money in with are {AKs, AKo, QQ+}. Only two of those hands are winners.... Yes, just {KK+}. Based on this then, we can obv only be getting value from KK+ when the money goes in. However what this also tells me is that there is a gigantic gap between these players' opening ranges and their 4-betting ranges, so 3-betting should be ridiculously profitable. At the moment I'm only 3-betting around 5% of the time, I think this should be more like 10-15%. Over the next few thousand hands I'll begin to increase this number and see if I can make a little bit more money. In truth the cards don't really matter, we're just bluffing to exploit an imbalance. However it will help if I have cards that will flop well sometimes and allow me to stack off. Finally, I'm going to stop getting it in with anything other than KK+ preflop.

2 comments:

  1. thx.......i am far too lazy to do the analysis myself....so much appreciated. i'm in trbl if u start charging, lol.....regards.....adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry I'm not charging. Most of my thoughts are dubious at best anyway lol! :) Cheers, Si

    ReplyDelete