Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Saturday 19 June 2010

Not playing great, running even worse!


The original limp was actually a misclick as I nearly timed out after playing a hand on a different table. The rest of the hand just sucks.

Just trying to play my hand fast and hope villain stacks off lightly. UUUUUURRRRGH, Wrong Answer. Actually not sure my line was the best, but I felt that by checking the turn I could prob win an extra bet on the river from a pocket pair.
I've just filtered my database for hands where I called on the river and I've lost over $200 in this spot; it's clear that when our villains are betting on the river in (10NL) Rush poker, it's with a hand better than a pair most of the time and almost never a bluff. I could save myself alot of money in this spot. I lost another buy in today when I was tilting and four bet shoved 88 preflop from the BTN into a BB who had been 3-betting around 20% of the time over my sample. AA, obv. I'm in a better frame of mind now so will play some more, and try to respect villain river bets a whole lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment