Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Wednesday 2 June 2010

Further thoughts on Rush

Yeah, I played a few thousand hands yesterday using the tighter style; what I found was that the blinds were eating up a significant portion of my profit. I did not take the blind frequency into account when thinking about folding for deals. I still think the argument has some merit but it's likely only to be of small significance. I also ran pretty terribly, the only way we could really test the theory would be to play 100K plus hands using a standard semi lag style, and the same number using a nitty style and then compare hourly win rate. If our nit was only making 1 ptbb/100 than our 3 ptbb/100 s-lag but had a higher hourly then we could verify the theory. But I'm not intending to go down that route, I'm attempting to create a robust solid full ring style and so I'll ditch this experiment for now. The more marginal spots I put myself in the better player I'll become. After yesterdays spew fest I'm going to do a little bit of leak finding and then grind a few thousand hands this afternoon. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment