Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Monday 21 June 2010

My First Beautiful Royal Flush



Don't think I played the hand very well, though I think the initial flop reraise is fine; however once he's 3-bet he's pretty much got AK or better and my equity is only around 40%. But if we assume he's actually folding to a shove some of the time, and occasionally shows up with a weaker flush draw I think that given there is dead money in the pot getting it in isn't too bad. I think my bet sizing for the reraise could have improved the situation. If we reraise to $1.7 or something then his 3-bet will likely have been smaller and more inclined to include some bluffs. Anyway, meh. The turn made my day.
EDIT: Ran some scenarios with pokerazor, the shove over his 3-bet is actually a small mistake (20 cents or so) giving him the range {AK, 22, JJ, AA, AJ, A2s}. The initial reraise is fine since his range is assumed to be wide at that stage. But I'd have been better probably just calling the 3-bet given that I was getting OK odds and very likely to win a small bet on a future street when we hit. Note also that it's only a small mistake due to the stack sizes (150bb); if we had 100bb effective stacks then the shove over his 3-bet would have been +EV and the correct play. Oh how the different variables change things. I hope that some day I'll know all of this well enough during a hand so that I can maximise my winnings.

2 comments:

  1. didnt realise u were a virgin. just enjoy the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol; so, so tight. uh, OK you started it :)

    ReplyDelete