Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 30 August 2009

Sunday Update

Well played about a thousand hands over the weekend on and off. Up to 365 again. FT emailed back and said they've passed my details onto a rakeback website so hopefully I'll get some info from them. This is much more promising than I'd first thought... maybe I'll be able to get it?! Would be great if I could... I'll let you know how it goes. The research work is still coming along although I'm trying to get my head around a little glitch. Basically I verified that we should often check behind on the river if we only stand to be called by a better hand... but the maths suggests that the more we bet on the river the less this is true. I'd have thought the reverse to be true. Risking less enabling us to bet more often. Hmmm I was struggling to get my head around it... Will have another go when I get a minute. Finally, Full Tilt are running a promo throughout September where it looks like they are paying you to play. Must read the TOC to verify this but it seems that if you play every day they are giving you money. This is obv an awesome deal esp for low stakes players. It is likely to draw in fish too so I'll be playing plenty on FT for the forseable future. As for the bonus I was trying to clear I have two weeks to clear some more. But since I'm still at 5c/10c I'll prob only manage 20 bucks or so more. It's still a good return, I just don't have enough spare money at the moment to play the higher limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment