Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Monday 3 August 2009

Something a little different

Fancied something a little different and a bit of fun tonight so gave up the grind temporarily and entered the cake 25 cent rebuy wooo! My strategy for the tourney was this...
1/ For the first 45 mins shove top 15% hands and call top 10% hands and stop if we reach 20,000 chips
2/ If we have less than two rebuys worth of chips after the 45 mins we don't invest any more money, but play on until knockout
3/ After the rebuy period finishes play normal poker
Well I reached 20k quite quickly so it was pretty straight forward after that. EDIT: I should prob let you know that I was about 5th in tournament chips once I'd reached 20k and was still in the top ten after the rebuy period. I'd spent 5 buy - ins. So it's well worth investing a bit of money and getting some chips. Managed to win two or three flips as well as outplaying some opposition too. Finished second for 25 bucks lol... I shan't take the piss any addition to the bankroll is appreciated. I'll probably play this one more often too actually, it seemed like a third of the field bought in with a single buy - in. The whole event was finished in 4 hours. There must be profit here albeit only small... and to be fair, it was fun. Good luck at the tables

No comments:

Post a Comment