Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 9 August 2009

C - betting evolution and the deep stack cash games

To novices: If we raise on the first round before the flop then it is often profitable to continuation bet or c-bet on the flop whether we hit a hand or not. Often this second barrel will win the pot then and there. When I first started playing the game I used to c - bet every flop but I've since learned this is less than optimal. However I think I've reached a point where I'm not c-betting enough. This might actually be ok at the low stakes since so many players seem to call flop bets but should I ever move up in stakes and play against better opposition I must remember to play more aggressively.
Note about the deep stack games, it seems to me that if you are a winning player the deeper the stacks you play with the better. You can win more on your big hands and control the pot size more with marginal hands too therefore increasing your edge. So from now on when I play cash I'm going to try and find deep stack tables. Poker bankroll is $109
Edit: bankroll $113 after some deep stack cash this evening. Can I also recommend a poker book - Moshman's Heads up NLHE book is excellent. Prob the best book about poker I've read in recent years - as it's a heads up book it describes later street (flop/turn/river) play in detail. Many fundamentals are covered. If you want to play well this is essential reading IMO

No comments:

Post a Comment