Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Saturday 1 August 2009

Update

Bankroll now $99.30 after winning four DoNs on the bounce. I was quite lucky at moments though so feel I'm getting some generous cards at the minute. One thing I did was to play more hands in the first two/three levels to try and accumulate more chips before the shovebot stage. I also played a couple of hands where I think ICM would disagree with me; the fundamental flaw with the model is that it does not take into account future rounds. In other words you cannot keep folding with an average stack since the cost per round will soon make you a short stack. So I tried judiciously to find spots where I could pick up pots (steal) in an effort to keep the stack from diminishing. Again, this was not something I had done before. I haven't posted a HH for a while so here we go, this hand was played in a DoN. I'm not sure I played the hand optimally, I'll let you think about that. Analysis follows the HH...

Free hand converter brought to you by CardRunners

Seat 1: 21kartoon ($1590)
Seat 2: Chunky Llama ($985)
Seat 3: out2winbig ($1845)
Seat 4: raivuha5 ($1420)
Seat 5: Slasktratt ($1945)
Seat 6: DerFish79 ($1335) -
Seat 7: IvgvardV ($1035) -
Seat 8: BankoBet ($1715) -
Seat 9: turkish283 ($1720)
Seat 10: Blikkslager ($1410) Sitting Out


PRE-FLOP:

IvgvardV posts small blind $25
BankoBet posts BIG blind $50
Dealt To: BankoBet


ANTE 21kartoon ($5)
ANTE Chunky Llama ($5)
ANTE out2winbig ($5)
ANTE raivuha5 ($5)
ANTE Slasktratt ($5)
ANTE DerFish79 ($5)
ANTE IvgvardV ($5)
ANTE BankoBet ($5)
ANTE turkish283 ($5)
ANTE Blikkslager ($5)
CALL turkish283 ($50)
FOLD Blikkslager
FOLD 21kartoon
FOLD Chunky Llama
CALL out2winbig ($50)
FOLD raivuha5
FOLD Slasktratt
FOLD DerFish79
CALL IvgvardV ($25)
CHECK BankoBet


FLOP:

Pot: $250
   

CHECK IvgvardV
BET BankoBet ($185)
FOLD turkish283
CALL out2winbig ($185)
FOLD IvgvardV


TURN:

Pot: $620
     

BET BankoBet ($335)
RAISE out2winbig ($670)
RAISE BankoBet ($1475)
CALL out2winbig ($805)


RIVER:

Pot: $3905
      



SHOWDOWN:
BankoBet:

out2winbig:


BankoBet collected $3570 from main pot

SUMMARY:
Total pot: $3570 Rake: $0

Final Board:
     

Seat 1: 21kartoon folded before Flop didnt bet - Net Gain/Loss: ($-5)
Seat 2: Chunky Llama folded before Flop didnt bet - Net Gain/Loss: ($-5)
Seat 3: out2winbig showed [As Jc] and lost with two pair, Aces and Fours - Net Gain/Loss: ($-1715)
  
Seat 4: raivuha5 folded before Flop didnt bet - Net Gain/Loss: ($-5)
Seat 5: Slasktratt folded before Flop didnt bet - Net Gain/Loss: ($-5)
Seat 6: DerFish79 button folded before Flop didnt bet - Net Gain/Loss: ($-5)
Seat 7: IvgvardV small blind folded on the Flop - Net Gain/Loss: ($-55)
Seat 8: BankoBet big blind showed [Qh Ac] and won 3570 with two pair, Aces and Fours - Net Gain/Loss: ($2190)
Seat 9: turkish283 folded on the Flop - Net Gain/Loss: ($-55)
Seat 10: Blikkslager folded before Flop didnt bet - Net Gain/Loss: ($-5)


Free hand converter brought to you by CardRunners

So, I led at the flop. Not sure if this was the best thing to do really. But it was a multiway pot so I thought I'd play the hand honestly. Everyone folds to seat 3 who just flats. Turn is a blank so I lead for half the pot. I'm trying to exercise some pot control here. Again I don't think it's a good bet tbh. But the player's pokertracker stats suggested he could play reasonably well and I was certain he'd lead at the pot if I checked so I wanted to be the price setter. So, he min raises me. This has become quite common with players in position and really makes for a difficult decision other than one thing... The bet timing. He did it instantly, which at these stakes is usually a bluff or a hand that likes a fold. So I shipped it, fairly confident I'm not running into a set too often. I was right but I'm suprised he played the hand as he did. Leading from the blinds in a multiway pot is usually an indicator of strength so he was guilty of turning a decent made hand into a bluff. Anyway, thoughts welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment