Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Wednesday 2 September 2009

Downswing begins...

Right, it seems the inevitable downswing has begun. I feel I've been playing ok, my winnings without showdown are improving with every session as my play gets better but unfortunately my luck has run out. Ran QQ into KK yesterday against a very loose player - I thought his range was huge (99+, AQ+) so got the stack in. Today I ran into a set of jacks with my set of twos and AA were sucked out on. I've expected to have a little downturn at some point. I do think I'm still playing reasonably well though - time will tell I guess. Also, have just purchased an e-book by some authors I respect hugely... Ed Miller, Sunny Mehta and Matt Flynn's Small Stakes No Limit Hold em. It's quite pricey but since I've got books by these author's before and they write so well I felt it was worth it. Has certainly got me thinking. Will need to read a few times as some concepts are quite advanced but I truly believe that a thorough analysis of this book will lead to strong play. I may do a full review once I've finished reading... so far it's been outstanding though and the posters over at the 2+2 forums are hugely excited by it. If anyone ever reads this blog you can get the book at http://smallstakesnolimitholdem.com/.
I'm still playing over at Full Tilt on the 0.05/0.10c tables. Nearly cleared some more bonus - I've got about a week to go with that and might clear another $20 by then which would help soften the recent blow to bankroll. There's also an amazing promotion where if you play at least two tables at once throughout September they pay double the fpp points; not only that but every five days you play they pay you money! If you play five days you get $5, 10 days you get $15, 15 days you get $25 and 25 days a whopping $50!! There is no minimum play time so if I don't bank the full 50 bucks I'm a fucking idiot. That's going to help the bankroll alot...

No comments:

Post a Comment