Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Tuesday 18 May 2010

Losing Session

I ran 5.5 buy-ins (or $55) beneath expectation in all-in pots this evening which was kind of frustrating. There were some pretty ridiculous suckouts. But I didn't tilt at all. I'm really suprised by this; I wonder if the fact that I'm getting through so many hands is beginning to insulate me from individual hands and results. I hope so! The session overall lost me $18 over 3K hands so maybe the fact I'd lost so little helped with the tilt management. But then I also had quads three times at showdown which is kind of cool. Now, due to this session my overall win rate has dropped to a more realistic 4 BB/100 over 21K hands. The good thing is I'm burning through about 20K hands per week currently which is more volume than I ever thought possible for my limited poker playing time. Rush poker didn't immediately appeal to me, but now that I've discovered it's immense advantages I'm not sure I'll ever go back to the normal cash games. It may even keep me from other poker games that I enjoy... at least for now. Tomorrow I get an early finish from work so I'll try and do another 2K hands and post more about it afterwards. Plus I feel it's time I dug out some of the biggest and most interesting hands I've been involved in over the sample I've played in the last two weeks or so. Anyway, GL!

No comments:

Post a Comment