Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Thursday 20 May 2010

Good Session Tonight

Just finished 3K hands that I managed to beat for $60 dollars so really pleased with that result. I ran with expectation tonight which is nice considering the last couple of days where my luck was shite. My rakeback site also tells me I earned $44 rakeback last week and that's due tomorrow so my bankroll is now showing steady growth thanks to the wonder of Rush poker. I think I'll probably move to 25NL Rush in a couple of weeks time. I have a week off coming up so I'll try and do 30K hands that week at the new limit and see how I get on.
Here is a hand I think I played poorly tonight:


Firstly, the reason I 3-bet was that the initial raiser was stealing liberally. I base my 3-bet range entirely on two statistics from the poker tracker HUD. The first is PFR (preflop raise %) and the second is steal %. Using both of these stats I infer an approximate range that the player is raising from that position and then base my 3-bet range upon that estimation. I believed that 88 was good enough to reraise using this strategy. I'm not really sure what the cold call range could be; AA, KK? AQ? JJ, TT, AK? - But what's clear is that for any of those given hands calling and letting him bet the turn is clearly the better play over shoving. I got stuck for a moment in 100BB stack mentality, where this would be a clear shove because he's pot committed. I didn't take enough notice of the effective stacks and as a result I think I lost a few dollars of equity. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment