Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Friday 28 May 2010

A Good Dollop of Run Good

Had a good session, won about $30 over 1K hands; but I'm so tired I have decided not to play on. Instead of sleeping this afternoon there was some test cricket on television unfortunately :). Anyway, what this means is that this month I've now played nearly 50000 hands at almost 3 ptBB/100. 50K hands is unbelievable volume in a month for me, in the old days I was happy with 5-10K! Mathematically it's 99% certain I'm beating this format and I'm personally 100% confident that I am. So the only thing holding me back is bankroll. I have $800 currently and I'd like to have $1250 before moving to 25NLR. The only problem with waiting is that it will likely take me another month or two to reach that threshold. Nothing wrong with that of course, I would have another 50K hands experience under my belt ready for 25NLR. I just feel that I could be making more moneys at a higher limit. But you know what, I think I'll wait it out. Next week I have some days off so I'll try and grind as much as possible and try and get close to that move up figure. Once I get there I will feel alot of satisfaction with my performance. It will be like I've earned it, so that's what I'll do. Then I can leave behind 10NL forever safe in the knowledge that I won my way out of that limit ;)
The Value of 2+2
For a couple of years now I have not browsed the forums because I felt that there was alot of nastiness inherent there. Too many egos trying to fit within one forum. However, I think I may have been insulating myself from a very useful learning tool. In the last few days I've been reading (and rereading) the archived posts by respected members. There is so much knowledge there that I'd never found before. I am going to prepare a large folder and print as much of the more advanced stuff off as I can and spend some time studying it. It's great to have such a resource on the net. I feel terrible that I did not give it enough time in the past; I have much ground to make up on! GL

No comments:

Post a Comment