Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Thursday 13 May 2010

And the motto is... Don't play a fixed strategy!


So I've now played over 2k hands with the new style and I've lost hardly any money to the redline yet. This is an amazing result, and must be entirely due to the two leaks that I spotted and talked about in a previous blog post. That is, c-betting too much and putting in too much money with the low pocket pairs in early position. In any game, if we can arrest the non showdown winnings (that comes mainly from losing blind money) then we should be supremely confident of making good money because in these games we'll win so much overall from the hands that we showdown. The great thing about Rush is that I am happy to tell everyone exactly how I'm playing. I probably wouldn't do this if I was grinding 200NL but at micro stakes - and probably up to 50NL there are going to be enough fish playing these games that the regs who know your strategy will not be sitting with you enough to exploit. So we can play a completely unbalanced strat and make good money from it. I think that eventually I'd like to be playing 50NL as a regular and this would be a great money earner. Obv I'd love to shoot higher but I just don't have enough money to bankroll myself. But at 50NL we'd be earning about $13 an hour by rakeback alone. If we assume we can play around 1000 hands/hour and make around $10 on average per 1000 hands then we'd be making $23 an hour; and also be Iron Man every month therefore eventually getting us even more money through fpps and IM medals. That's my goal. I'll play another 10k hands at 10NL and then move to 25NL. I'm a little underolled for that limit but I think I'm hurting my winnings if I stay at 10NL. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment