Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Friday 22 January 2010

What Would YOU Do?!!!!!::@@{{PP??

Villain was C.R.A.Z.Y. But I'd like to know if you think I played this hand correctly. Answers on a postcard.

3 comments:

  1. i cannot understand why you didnt bet the flop. your thinking please ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok against most players I probably would have bet here - although it's certainly a board I'll expect to get check raised alot on... I guess that was it at the time. Villain had been sooooo aggressive and check raise overbetting tons. I'm almost certain I'd have been folding the best hand to that line of action. So I checked behind for pot control intending to see what Mr Crazyface does on the turn. Unfortunately, obv, I let draws get there and worse hands outdraw me. But I certainly preferred that line to getting c/r tbh. You know, maybe I played it incorrectly. It was just one of those things at the time. The shove on the river was sick, against a thinking player I'd have folded there. But non thinkers usually try and extract value from made hands like trips and it was hard to see what else he could have. Anyway, lots of ramble. My answer - pot control against a lagtard

    ReplyDelete
  3. These type of hands when the blinds are small are a real bitch to play because whatever you bet on flop, barring an over bet shove(you sicko) villain is likely to call if they have any piece of that board or they are just spewtards. I like the use of pot control, but turn is a pretty sick card, even tho HU 2 pair is the nuts :), I'd like a check on turn, check on riv and then call his value bet.

    ReplyDelete