Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 17 January 2010

Lack of Volume

I don't think I'll truly know much about my winrate until I address this problem. Basically I'm still one tabling to improve my allround playing skill. I think this is best while I'm still learning so much from HUSNG.com. Eventually - maybe next month - I'll need to start getting through more games by playing more and multi tabling. I think I'll start with two during Feb and maybe add a third if I'm comfortable with it. I'd like to play roughly ten games per hour so that I can be getting through 100+ games in a week. The problem currently is that while I believe I'm playing ok mostly, probably well enough for a small positive ROI, there's no way that I can know that playing only one or two games a day. Variance can obv be very large over small samples so for all I know I could be a -14% ROI superfish. So, when I think I've taken all I can from the HU videos I'll play a few months with two or three tables and just try and get through some volume of games. Afterwards I'll review and take necessary steps to improve such as coaching, other training sites etc.

1 comment:

  1. http://danplusthoughts.blogspot.com/2010/01/what-do-you-do.html

    Check it out!! Holla back!

    ReplyDelete