Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Friday 8 January 2010

I Play Badly

Ok, just played a tight passive player and inexplicably had a rush of blood to the head and shoved with two overs on a dry board. Now, the reason is that for my 3rd c-bet in a row I'd been check min raised. I grew frustrated - bad poker - and thought that his range must now be wide enough for me to have fold equity. He obv insta called with bottom set and I am terrible. Thinking from the point of view of villain, I was winning so many pots from him from small ball aggression every time he has a good hand and check min raises he is trying to get me to spaz out. Min bets have often had that effect on me and once again it worked. But I need to remember the reason that they do that play - to get action with their good hands. I'm sure they bluff with some frequency but the best ev play is just to continue small ball. Any time this type of player makes a pot building play most of the time it's because they want to play a big pot. I MUST stop falling into their trap. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment