Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 17 January 2010

Good Evening

Hi there, played four games tonight (won 3, lost 1) and was really trying to focus on villain's range instead of my own hand. In every game I was able to build a chip lead and the villains would get pissed off and chuck it in light. Every player was very very fit or fold post flop. It's such a huge advantage playing against players who are so weak when there are cards on the table. So, I'm happy. My outlook is always different though after I've had a good session so will look to review at some point. Personally though I think I had an excellent evening. I didn't rush any decision; I didn't do anything rash. Very pleased with the way I played. I now have enough - once again - to try the $10.50s.
Aggression
This is obviously something that I've known for a long time to be important. But without seeing it done rationally I'd always been a little too passive for my own liking. Just check some of my first posts in this blog and you'll know what I mean! Now that I've seen aggressive HU players and understand the logic behind certain 'moves' it's really helped my game in this sense. The last several HUSNGs I've played, I've been so aggressive it's probably made me a few hundred chips every time. GL

1 comment:

  1. gl simon . i hate the leveling up scenario . it always becomes a huge psychological thing for me which is silly. sounds like its really coming together tho' . i do love it when they realise they are'nt in for a quick match and then just start pushing every hand. lol

    ReplyDelete