Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Monday 25 January 2010

Running Good at the Minute

3/3 tonight against two crazyfaces and a tight passive. Really feel I'm getting a handle on these games and obv getting nice cards is allowing me to run them over. In the $5s on cereus now I'm 75 games 17% ROI and $66 profit. 25 games until we move to the tens :)
Multi-tabling
I'm wondering when I should do this. I'm getting alot out of one tabling at the moment and really concentrating on trying to make the best play at the time. I'm convinced that alot of this stuff will become second nature eventually - but I'm not there yet. OK here's the plan - until my sub with HUSNG runs out in March I'll continue to do about 50% study 50% play on a single table. Once it expires and I've pretty much exhausted HUSNG.com other than one on one coaching I'll up to two and go for volume for a while. Maybe by the summer I'll have played a couple thousand games. If I can keep up the dollar a game win rate that will be a nice return!
Post Flop Play
My favourite part of the game. It's amazing how badly alot of the micro stakes players play the later streets. Usually they are either grossly overaggressive and we can trap or unbelievably weak and will fold pretty much everything other than top pair. It's funny though, I remember playing heads up a few years ago and getting totally run over like these players and feeling totally out of depth. Alot of cash game play and poker study since and my postflop game has evolved considerably. I'm pretty sure I am exploitable versus a good player but I am beginning to grow in confidence and belief and really look forward to the battle. From reading what alot of the better players say the standard of play does not seem to substantially increase until $50+. I'll let you know if this is the case but if it's true - I can look forward to earning some good coin.

2 comments:

  1. Good stuff congrats so far! What's your BR thinking atm? Mine is, if I can afford to play the game, I'll play it. :) Hence why I keep going busto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really thinking along the lines of bankroll management just yet, more in proving I can beat a certain limit and then moving up. I've obv started in the $5 games and if I can maintain a good ROI over the next 20 or so games (total 100) I'm going to deposit more money and play the tens. If I can start winning at higher stakes where the ROI ($ wise) is good money then I'll start to take BR more seriously and deposit probably 50 buy-ins for the limit I choose. Until then though, I just want to prove myself from the bottom up before investing that money

    ReplyDelete