Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Thursday 7 July 2011

Day of Poker

Well I got up this morning and watched a very instructive video by Mr Matthew Janda over at Cardrunners and I think it has corrected my c-betting philosophy slightly. Just a few decisions per 100 or so flops so only a small adjustment. I hope the US players get a decent internet poker environment back, there is so much expertise there that would go to serious waste otherwise.

On the other side of the coin, that's no one to teach the truly horrible players I seem to be coming across on Poker Stars lately. I played for about four hours today and there's only one player that I considered reasonable (given sample size). I almost feel that it's unnecessary continuing at 10NL; as soon as I get a reasonable sample confirming that I'm crushing - whether that's 20k hands or 30k or more - I'll just move straight up.

More thoughts on the games in general, after today's hands I somehow halved the money I lost without showdown so I've now only lost half a buy-in over 6k hands in this respect. That's pretty crazy as all I'm doing is raising and then c-betting. It's almost like subtracting 5 years of poker evolution from the games. I also played several nice pots where players decided to donate to me, including one hand where someone called my 4-bet with 9 high and shipped on an ace high flop with zero equity. So the showdown curve is increasing nicely again. Before long I'll have a pretty decent win rate imo.

Anyway, check out the ring games at Poker Stars. They are super soft since Black Friday. I imagine the UK gov could shut it down for me too one day, so I intend to really push my volume and try and squeeze the last drops of profit from online poker before it fades away. Because sadly that's the trajectory upon which it now finds itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment