Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Thursday 21 July 2011

Confirmed Heater

Despite running an over-pair into the nut flush in a 4-bet pot and another over-pair into quads in a 3-bet pot I still finished the day up. I love it when this happens, it's been a long time since my last heater to be fair.

I also felt that I played my absolute A game today. It was a day off so I had plenty of sleep last night, and I was fresh and made every single decision logically using an estimate of my opponent's hand range. For example I hero folded top pair top kicker facing a min raise in a 3-way pot despite getting tons of odds and was right when he showed a set of tens; I also hero called fourth pair versus an absolute whale and was also correct. Of course on other days they'd have shown up with different hands but both decisions were vindicated by the hands that they actually showed down.

One thing that I think has helped with this patch of run good is that I think my edge is a good bit greater in these games than it was in Rush. These Stars' full ring games are pretty damn soft, I shan't bore you with the inner details only that big hands are getting more value, and weak hands are getting more folds. So it should be expected that a winning strategy would experience more upswings and I think my current run is evidence of this. And yes, while I felt that towards the end my edge had shrunk quite a bit in the Rush games (perhaps due to all of the regs migrating there for better hands per hour ratio?) I definitely 100% feel that I will beat these Stars' games over the long haul.

Well, I have reached my threshold for moving up to 50NL. Tomorrow I will load up four tables and play a session. Because it's my first 'shot', I will use a single buy-in stop loss before moving down. This is pretty nitty, but as I only have 20 buy-ins for that limit if I don't move back down after losing ~$50 then I could set myself back quite a long way. I will also table select like an utter Ninja. Right now, the games seem easy as pie with no table selection. If I'm careful at 50NL I will lessen my risk even more.

So right now, poker is going great. If you explore my posts from the past, you'll know that it all swings in roundabouts. There will be another downswing. But until then, SHIP IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment