Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Monday 25 July 2011

3 Month Plan, 100k Hands.

Hi, well I have decided to become a little more conservative with moving up and wait until I've got to $1500. The reason is that I'm expecting my heater to end at some point soon so if I manage to reach that figure then I can really feel that I earned the right to move up.

I've been playing around with the bankroll tool over at www.evplusplus.com and I've given myself the target of playing ~100k hands during the next three months. That is, by October 31st I'd like to have played 115k hands, which is approx 8k per week. I don't think that I'll find this challenge easy as sometimes I struggle to motivate myself to grind. Perhaps I can treat myself to something at the end, although goodness knows what. Maybe a new wardrobe, bling myself up a little...

The one thing that I've learned from using that bankroll growth simulator is that volume is key. That is the primary reason that I've set myself this challenge, to try and finally get some real growth going in these games where I think I have a decent edge. I went through a quite significant EV downswing (25 buy-ins) earlier in the year as I blogged at the time. Hopefully this will be the last one I see for a decent stretch of time and I can have some steady returns for the rest of the year. Anyhow, I'll try and post an update once per week and continue to publish my progress, good or bad.

Edit:
Ouch, just played a meh session and made a couple of mistakes. I definitely still bluff catch way too often, and until I can learn to fold a little more my showdown winnings will get eaten away. I still think that I'll make money but I could be making even more... Still, I'll keep reviewing my sessions after play and hopefully begin to cut out more of the mistakes. This evening is a useful reminder that I'm still some way away from where I want to be with poker.

No comments:

Post a Comment