Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Monday 27 June 2011

Week Off Almost Over


... and back to work in the morning. It's pretty obvious I've spent most of my time this week learning about poker and looking at spots that were causing me problems. I feel that I've internalised a lot of concepts and really made some improvement. I don't necessarily think it will make a huge difference to my game, but perhaps a small one. Perhaps enough that I will begin to realise some sort of edge in the games again. This is my graph for the last week. I've undoubtedly run well during that period, I have to admit. My stats for the period:



Improvements over that period:
1/ Playing more hands. The raise - c-bet set up has always been a key component of profit. Since Black Friday there is a lot of loose passives in the games and I don't think that I have been quite taking enough advantage of people who regularly put dead money in the pot preflop then fold to 60%+ c-bets.
2/ 3-betting a little more often. Another key component that can really make more bluff money if we choose the right spots.
3/ Greater general aggression.
4/ Floating a little less widely and looking to raise rather than call in situations where it is likely a close EV decision between the two.

Well, I doubt that I will post quite so often now that work will once again take up my time. To be fair, a gazillion posts a day was probably a bit ott anyway. Well, until I post again good luck at the tables. I shall leave you with a song that I cannot get out of my head at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment