Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Friday 10 June 2011

2-Tabling FTW?

I was feeling tired today and so when I fired up tonight I decided to play only two tables of rush at a time. I felt that I was really able to focus on ranges, I was never rushed - no pun intended - and I thought I played my A-game the whole time. It's clear to me that I'm not good enough yet to play four tables and win at this limit, so I think it's a very good idea that unless I'm clearing bonus I should stick to this new set up until I have played another 100k hands. If I can do OK - and I see no reason why not since I should have a lower variance and more profitable style - then maybe I can think about adding in a third and fourth table again as my confidence returns. Because sometimes I forget that doubling the amount of tables (unless you're some kind of sicko) should definitely not double win rate. More simultaneous decisions mean more mistakes, so I think that it's definitely the right thing to do.

I actually think I can achieve a high return from my bluffs with this new set up and the extra time to think through the best spots (instead of just auto check folding or other automatic plays). Enough even to cancel most of the redline losses maybe (I won an insane amount of pots through aggression today). Added to this the inevitable value I will get means there is great potential there for a great win rate. I'll only be able to tell you of course if and when I have played the 100k hands. So I better get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment