Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Friday 24 June 2011

Update


This week I've been playing as well as studying in order to try and clear my (virtual) Rush week bonus from FTP. Here's the graph for the last couple of weeks. I think that the improvement to the red line portion of the graph is good. In my previous databases there's been a steeper downward trend.

In case anyone is unfamiliar with graphs like this, the red line is 'non-showdown winnings' and for the vast majority of players it is negative, the primary reason for this loss being the blinds. I shan't try and explain it thoroughly, just take my word that most winning players have a shallow descending red line and make their profit through the blue line - that is going to showdown with the best hand more often than their opponents.

To me that seems like a very manageable red line, although of course I could just be getting some good bluffing opportunities. If my increased knowledge is helping me to find better bluff spots and I have indeed improved the red line part of my strategy then hopefully that will get me back to winning ways because suddenly I don't have to make quite so much money with my made hands before I start making a profit. As always I will post again when the sample size gets bigger.

I won't pretend that my game has suddenly come round, I'm pretty sure I'm a break even player; my positional stats are still horrible for the button and the big blind but at least - despite that - I've made profit over the most recent stretch of hands which has to be a good thing. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment