Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Wednesday 29 June 2011

Farewell Rush, you made me better for sure.

The DOJ struck a fatal blow, AGC put the dying creature out of it's misery.

I will really miss the Rush games, the largest reason being the amount of volume I was able to play. Rush cuts out all the unnecessary waiting time that occurs in online poker. I will need to manage around 12 tables to come close to my hands/hour now.

However, life goes on. My bankroll at Black Friday stood at $900, but I'm not overly angry that the money has gone. While reading an article about the economic melt down back in March it suddenly occurred to me that the poker sites could easily be subject to a similar run on the bank and so I withdrew 2/3 of my bankroll. I don't mean that to sound like a brag, I just got lucky.

I must consider where to play next. Stars? Will Alderney revoke their license too? EDIT: PokerStars are licensed on the Isle of Man who have confirmed that the license is safe. They are an option because of player fund segregation. I might just play pennies on Sky poker until things have settled.

Final word, I hope a new site takes up Rush. It's a great way to play poker. Even if they do not, I played 400 k hands in a year. Probably 4x the experience I'd have gained otherwise. I feel for anyone who has lost a job, money or income from the disastrous Black Friday indictment.

No comments:

Post a Comment