Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Monday 13 June 2011

A quick look at the last 4k hands


A few posts ago I identified some of the areas where I believe I have been making the bigger mistakes. I have been going to showdown too much, and often been playing too passively in common situations. Well this graph shows how things have been going since I made a few adjustments to strategy.

My style numbers haven't changed a great deal, I'm playing around 14% of hands and raising 12% (common nitty tag stats for full ring). However there has been a marked increase in my aggression factor up to exactly 3 and I believe this is a very good change. Notice in the graph that the redline is looking much better. Less than a buy-in over 4k hands is a great result in this area and is entirely down to following Meteoric's example and not being afraid of turning hands into bluffs where the situation warrants it.

I have been going to showdown a fraction under 20%, and while I would actually prefer it to be a little higher there is a good chance that over a bigger sample it will head towards 21 - 22 % which is just where I'd currently like it to be. The figure closely related to this statistic is W$SD and that is only 50.9% which is a sign IMO that I haven't flopped that well.And yet I have still been a good winner over that sample.

It is my gut feeling that if I continue in this vain this style will make me money again. I'll be sure to update on things once I begin to converge upon a more meaningful sample. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment