Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Wednesday 23 March 2011

PSHHHHHHHH!!! (A.K.A Relieving the pressure...)

I think that the small success I had last year is actually inhibiting my ability to play my best game. I think that I'm putting too much pressure on myself to perform well at my current limit and because it's not going my way I'm getting frustrated very quickly.

I began to play online poker regularly not as a way to make money but out of enjoyment. I believe that I have lost sight of this in the recent few months. Of course it's enjoyable to make money, but at these stakes it's not a significant amount that I'm wagering so who cares if I run below EV? I just need to get back to playing for fun and studying for the same reason. So that I can sit down in any reasonable game and be one of the better players at the table and get satisfaction in that fact alone.

I'm going to attempt to transform my attitude about poker back to it's previous state; to go and play the next 100k hands without looking at results and just enjoy mixing it up post flop with good and bad players alike. To this end I will not put any graph up until those 100k hands are up and will do a complete and comprehensive analysis at that point. Until then, I'm flying blind folks. GL

Edit: The following hand was so ridiculous I found it hilarious. I hope you enjoy my pain :)

http://www.holdemmanager.net
NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer Game#29275277782

Hero ($30.16)
ichiman ($24.40)
Ohalothar ($32.07)
matse2000 ($14.13)
bailiron ($8.64)
rudd4y ($25)
Juakinetasfull ($25)
riosss2 ($25.71)
GETnTHIS ($48.73)

Hero posts (SB) $0.10
ichiman posts (BB) $0.25

Dealt to Hero 2d Ac
fold, fold, fold, fold, fold,
fold, fold,
Hero raises to $0.75
ichiman raises to $2.75
Hero raises to $7
ichiman calls $4.25
FLOP ($14) 5d Tc 3d
Hero checks
ichiman bets $6
Hero raises to $23.16 (AI)
ichiman calls $11.40 (AI)
TURN ($48.80) 5d Tc 3d Ts
RIVER ($48.80) 5d Tc 3d Ts 4h
ichiman shows 2s 6d
(Pre 27%, Flop 30.2%, Turn 15.9%)

Hero shows 2d Ac
(Pre 73%, Flop 69.8%, Turn 84.1%)

ichiman wins $46.36

My play was based upon his stats over around 30 hands which were very fishy. He'd 3-bet most of his hands so I felt he could be playing any two cards. My read was correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment