Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Tuesday 29 March 2011

Approx 20k hands in to new DB

... and like I blogged before, I've turned off all of the winnings columns in hold'em manager so I have no idea how much I've won, if indeed I have won anything at all. All I'm focussed on is the 100k hand goal and when I'm there I'll have a look. It's really liberating just focussing on a hand target rather than worrying about the money. I highly recommend this approach:
1/ Upload enough funds so that you can ride all but the worst of downswing (I had 40 buy-ins for $0.10/$0.25)
2/ Set a hand target (100k hands for me)
3/ Try to play each hand as well as you possibly can
I really do feel a lot more freedom now I'm doing things this way. At higher limits I'll have to be a little careful - I don't want to destroy my bankroll - so I'll play smaller blocks of hands at that stage, maybe 20 or 30k.

I think moving up is a constant refinement of strategy. The only reason people get stuck at a limit is bad habits. I have the advantage of being very self critical and this helps me to constantly poke holes in my game; to always be on the look out for how the better players do things and then try and figure out why. There's a reason they don't play like I do, and it's very likely the same reason they're playing $1/$2+! GL

No comments:

Post a Comment