Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 28 March 2010

Three cheers for the aggro calling station...

Do you know the sort of player I mean? They never fold, but the minute they sense weakness they mash the pot button. This sort of player is rife in these games I'm playing at the moment. It's so profitable. I don't think the human brain is very good at seeing the difference between alot of aggression in small pots and the same in big pots. My style is fairly aggressive, I'm often stabbing on dry boards and c-betting; as well as firing at scare cards and such. So I often have a high % of bluffs in the smaller pots. But I rarely bluff in the big pots, and this is where so many villains make huge mistakes. Anyway, I was thinking about hourly winrate; I'm undecided on picking the turbos or regular speeds as a way to make money. We can get through tons of games in a very short time with the turbos but our ROI is likely to be alot less. It will come down to hourly rate ultimately. So I think I'm going to continue to play the regular speed $5s until I've got through a bigger sample of games. After this, I'll have a better idea of my hourly rate and ROI. Then I'll try and play a few hundred turbos and compare the results. All the while I'll continue to two table and see how we get on :-)
I managed to move over the money from Absolute to FTP using a website called www.sendmychips.com. Unfortunately it cost me 5% of the total but it was going to cost me that much to cash out anyway. As a result though I'm now way over - rolled for the $5s. So I don't want to leave it too long before moving up, but I'll play on for a while yet. The positive thing is that I can forget about individual results. Even a 10-15 BI downswing would not dent my roll much. OK, enough talk - I must play on. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment