Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Tuesday 30 March 2010

Good Evening

I performed a little autopsy on my play last night. The opponent that I struggled against didn't like to fold but wasn't afraid to throw in large raises either. I didn't flop very well at all, probably less than 10% of the time for top pair+. I did try and win some pots by other means but you can't bluff someone who is folding less than 20% of the time!! This is the sort of opponent we need to hit hands against, and I didn't. But I also think I could have adjusted better; limped alot more often, limp reraised with better hands, even 3-bet committed with many hands that would fair well versus his ATC range. Two buy-ins I threw away basically through tilt. This is terrible. So the 3 loss stop rule versus a villain should work well I feel. I think I will really try and concentrate on adjusting better instead of just using route one poker - where I raise and c-bet my entire range. I think I need to be hero calling less too; this is something that should be done sometimes so that we aren't just bluffed away but I think I am becoming a little bit of a calling station. A point of difference between the better players and the weaker players at these limits is that we can fold and they can't in many spots. USE THIS!! Finally I'll try and regain some perspective in my play, I've always been very good with variance as I understand the maths. But for some reason - maybe tiredness - I just lost it yesterday. Anyway, GL I'll keep playing on...

No comments:

Post a Comment