Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Friday 12 March 2010

This greyhound is f*cking the hare, not chasing it...

yeah Im running pretty good at the minute. 5/6 wins tonight. Opposition was weak but still, hitting outs left right and centre. Its great at the time, but you just know the trough is around the corner. Sigh. Still, Ill ride the wave with pleasure until it crashes like, ummm, Lloyds bank. And this is the weirdest hand I ever played. We had a bit of history by now, and he was very bluffy, very spewey, and tended to overbet his weakest hands and bet smaller with his made ones. It was pretty rare for him not to bet a flop. So in this hand, I reraised to an amount that tempted him to shove over the top. I was never folding second pair to this villain, even with the deuce kicker. Without seeing the history this probably looks the fishiest hand ever played. But there was good logic behind it at the time lol :)

Anyway, I had no intention of posting for a couple of days but I plan to play maybe 40 matches over the weekend, and Ill post at the end and let you know how it goes. Still no sign of the cheque from Absolute. This is kind of annoying, I want to play the tens. Nevermind. Sorry for swearing in the title. GL :)

1 comment: