Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Wednesday 31 March 2010

Horrible session

but I really felt I didn't tilt at all and played pretty well throughout. Made one v. loose call but the rest of the time felt alright. Didn't win hardly any flips at high blinds, this can be crucial for a session if the all-ins don't go your way. I felt I deserved at least a breakeven afternoon based on my play but as it is I lost most matches, but that's poker. Fucking frustrating game sometimes. But it's not about individual results it's about playing our A game across a high number of matches. So I'll stifle the depression, I felt I played well. As long as we keep doing this the results will come around. GL
Edit: One thing I have just noticed is that I was less aggressive than normal. Looking back over the hands, when I c-bet or stab I like the boards to be dry and give us representability - in other words high card/ low card/ low card boards; or for us to have equity or backdoor draws giving us turn cards to fire more barrels on. Over such a small sample it could be that I was just not flopping well. And since I'm running terribly at the moment this would certainly correlate with that. But I'll keep an eye on this, it could be that I'm no longer picking up enough dead money on flops and turns and this might be affecting my results. I'll post again if this begins to become a trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment