Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Wednesday 18 November 2009

Ultra Turbos

Tried these out tonight, I have no idea whether there is any profit in them but each game was over in such a short time, if there was any profit at all you could play hundreds of these very quickly. I picked the 500 chip starting stack (there is two minute blinds). I'll need to research I suppose to test the waters. The average time per game was about five minutes, so that's obv 12 per hour just one tabling and if we play say four at a time we can 48 game every hour which is so fucking sick. Since in heads up poker it's possible to work out whether the games can make money pretty quickly it might be worth taking a few hours this weekend and play a couple hundred and try and work it out. There were plenty of mistakes I spotted in these games (I made loads too lol). Also, towards the end when I was playing nash jam fold the opposition was folding way too much. Early days but I think maybe 3% ROI could be achieved which isn't spectacular but since we can get through so many so quickly we can annihilate the variance without too much work I suppose.
Some mathematics with my estimated ROI
Ok, so suppose we four table these games and can actually achieve 3% ROI. It would take only 200 hours to play approx 10000 games. So if we treat 10000 as a target, what could we earn playing 5/10/20 bucks? 10000*5.25*0.03=1575; 3150 or 6300. The 10/20 returns per hour are better than my actual income and are obv tax free. Once again, pretty fucking sick. Of course these games are so quick there might actually be no profit with the rake so I guess until I read otherwise on forums etc I will just need to experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment