Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 8 November 2009

3-betting and lack of play this weekend

3-betting
Have posted a little about this before. 3-betting is better understood these days than ever, and yet it is still rare to find someone who will aggressively do it in position against loose raisers. We usually just find someone doing it with the top of thier range. If we can find someone opening 20 - 30 percent of hands from middle position or the cutoff and raise every ace (will come back to why in a sec) plus JJ+ we can get a huge number of folds from players who will not play speculative hands out of position. I picked all the ace hands due to a current convention to focus on the hands that remove big cards from opponents range. If we reraise with the aces we are most likely to run into hands villain cannot continue with. In other words, we need to aggressively defend our button or cutoff since this is immediate profit without worrying about the immense standard deviation involved in post flop poker. So another thing I'll be doing much more of is this loose 3-betting. By the way, at these stakes what this will also achieve hopefully is people calling when I 3-bet my strong range from the blinds. They'll assume I'm still doing it loosely and hopefully this will result in some dominating all - in spots.
Not played much this weekend as felt like a short break from the game. Will get back to work some time this week for sure. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment