Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Tuesday 10 November 2009

Just Might...

Start to mix in some heads up sng tournaments with my cash games. They are really useful for honing post flop play and they are usually full of fish. So I'll let you know if I do. The one thing that interests me about them is that if you look at the winners on the online tracking databases the profit curves are very linear over a shortish sample size, which suggests less long term variance than typical poker games. Of course this could be immense super table selection... but I've yet to find an efficient way to table select sngs other than on sites where games don't take off too quickly. Of course, I guess playing headsup against a fish is better than on a table full of regs who share your profit so it could be that headsup poker is just a better game than full ring for this reason. My heads up game (and post flop play) is really dreadful so I suspect I will number amongst the losers at first but maybe after a year or two and further hard study I might actually be getting somewhere with my game - Who knows? All I do know is that it's a struggle to make ends meet and any extra money from anywhere is going to be very fucking welcome. GL

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on the heads up idea. Wait for the higher blinds to kick in and know your HU push/fold pretty well and you'll be fine. Most low stakes HU players fall into 2 camps, ultra aggro and the wait-for-a-good-hand pushovers. For the aggros, play simple ABC, trap poker e.g. let them make the mistakes and then punish. For the pushovers, steamroll. GL

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks mate, that's more or less the advice I researched before approaching the games. Although I haven't really got to the standard push fold stage of any game yet. I'm using the sage system by the way that was published in card player. What do you use if you play these tourneys? Was hoping for an update from your blog too mate

    ReplyDelete