Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Wednesday 4 November 2009

Didn't play well this evening.

Evening summary
Basically, was giving up on too many pots. It didn't finish terribly, I was probably about ten bucks down after four bet calling with QQ against a loose three bettor. Standard stack vs. stack all-in. So overall QQ hand aside I was break-even. But my non showdown winnings is creeping down too low again. I basically know more or less where I am letting myself down in this regard... not raising enough limped pots, and not contesting pots enough when played back at when it's clear villain is full of shite. This can work since other players then start to bet at me which adds alot of value to my slow plays but I'd rather improve my skill at fighting for pots now. So, more equity study and experimenting. This will probably result in my profitability going down but I'm going to learn an awful lot. I seem to play better when I have a plan on the flop and then reassess throughout the rest of the hand. Helps me to deal with villains better rather than "sigh, I give up again.". So what I will do is pick a few hands from this evening and put them through pokerazor and try and find good lines to take against the villains and their approximate ranges.
Thinking in terms of lines
This is a big difference between weak players and the very best. They have a good grasp of post flop equities and can choose the betting line (over several streets) that maximises their equity. This is where I want to get to. There was one spot tonight where I did just this. Anticipating a float (call in position) I bet pot and then check raised the turn when I had top pair. Until I have a solid - multi street - post flop strategy I will not be good enough to beat games higher than the micros where to be honest, the 130 odd dollars I've won this month have basically been donated to me, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment