Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Saturday 7 May 2011

Long Sessions

Just finished a 4k hand session and it went so so. I want to start putting in much more volume - at least 4k hands on days off and as much as I can on my busy week nights. I've nearly internalised the new strategy and it seems to be pretty much what I want: 14.5% hands played / 12.0% hands raised. In fact most of my stats look reasonable. 3-betting % seems a little low at 2.5% but this is using a very thoroughly calculated and balanced strategy from each position so I'm guessing that the good players have a more bluff heavy 3-betting range than I do - to exploit weak openers I guess. I'll keep an eye on this. I think that I'm going to showdown a little too often at 27% - I'd rather have this somewhere around 25% but it's coming down so I can def see improvement there. The unfortunate thing for me is that since adopting the new strategy I've only won at showdown 44% of the time which is very low and entirely down to bad variance. However, going through my stats I can't find any major leaks so I'm certain that this strategy will be profitable I just need to put in enough volume to get there. So this is what I intend to do! GL

No comments:

Post a Comment