Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 8 May 2011

Have now reached 21 buy-ins below EV for the year.

I guess this is a useful learning experience, when nothing, absolutely nothing goes right for 200k hands. I'm sure there are players who have had worse down swings before, but being there myself makes me realise how frustrating it really is. Last 30k hands won at showdown 45%, pah. I have certainly made mistakes, and I must continue to work to eradicate these from my game so that the damage is limited. I have no fear for my bankroll, as I will move back down to 10NL if I lose another 20 buy-ins or so and then work my way up from the bottom again. Truly the only thing I can keep doing is playing on. A kind of sadistic pastime where the endless beats just make me laugh because I want to endure some MORE filfth. Oh come on, surely your underset can turn quads can it not - again? MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA! OK I need to take a break and I'll play my second session later on once the pain has subsided a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment