Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Wednesday 4 May 2011

Link - Black Friday Opinion

U.S. Attorney's Office on Tilt

I'm still following the US developments with interest as it will certainly have a huge bearing on the future of the game. This link is a very well written commentary by a professional criminal defense group. Articles like this make me a believer that the right outcome for everyone will happen eventually.

EDIT:
Well, just when I thought it was safe to go outside SLAM. The all-in EV curse is back with a vengeance. Seriously man, I need some run good soon. I totally understand how long hundred + thousand hand break even stretches happen now. This session I ran 3 buy-ins under EV. Doesn't sound a lot, but that's nearly like 20 buy-ins this year now at this limit which is tons of money. Big sigh, oh well if I can somehow motivate myself to grind on I'll play again tomorrow. It didn't help that none of my aggression seemed to be working today. I made a couple of bad bluffs that cost nearly a buy-in between them. Well, these things happen in this game and I'll just have to play on and hope that somewhere along the line hands start holding up again. They must do, it's a statistical certainty. Just hopefully it happens this side of a mill hands. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment