Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 19 July 2009

Purple patch

Won the last 8 DoNs but every flip seems to be going my way currently. I'm sure things will balance out but some of the opposition are making critical errors. I reckon a few hundred games with analysis and the use of the SNGWIZ quiz feature can lead to expert play in these - that's a new goal of mine. The better I get the more tables I can play at once. I currently play 4 at a time but want to be able to do 10+ - as decisions are easier than regular games. It's possible to have a 10% ROI in these tournaments so 50c a time playing ten at once yields $5 every 45 mins. Not a huge wage but not a bad little income on the side doing something enjoyable.
Mistakes are still coming at between 0 and 3 per game; probably still profitable though judging by the way some players have no concept of ICM and get the chips in with trash incredibly early on. If I can achieve my goals of reaching near expert level play then I'll probably put some money into this game and move straight up to the $20 buy - in games. 5% ROI in these playing ten at once is $10 per 45 minutes - about what I earn at the moment doing a job I don't enjoy. I can't afford to leave that work burdened by the debt I have and having a fiancee with family plans but that would be a hugely helpful side income. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment