Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Monday 27 July 2009

Growth Acceleration

Sounds a bit fancy doesn't it? I was reading about the profitability of accumulators in betting. Providing the bets are good ones - in other words if they have positive expectation - then accumulators can be very profitable. I wondered if we could structure our play in a way that our winnings could be invested in higher buy - in tournaments to increase ROI. I put some numbers into a spreadsheet and it is indeed possible to increase ROI and hourly win - rate in this way, providing we are winners at the stakes we buy - in to. We would also certainly need a bigger bankroll for doing this as standard deviation will be larger. So how could this work? Well one algorithm could be this :
1. Buy - in to our regular tournament (5.4 DoN, say)
2. If we win, use the winnings to buy - in to a 10.8 DoN; otherwise play another 5.4
3. If we win the 10.8 game, keep the money and play another 5.4
I am going to implement this in my play from now on. I'm pretty sure I can win up to the 10 buck games but not sure thereafter so will keep it to a single iteration. This goes for the normal games too, I'm pretty sure that you could maybe break even coming second and third in the low stakes SNGs and then your profit would come those times you cashed in the 10/11 buy - in games. Will let you know how it goes. By the way didn't get chance to play today so nothing to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment